To Build a Robot Part 1
March 25, 2010
Doing a bit of research on what is needed I picked up a few parts that are needed for the project I want to do. I would like to put together a bipedal robot that balances. I have some strange ideas on what will make a good design but the basics come first. Today I stopped by San Diego Electronics Supply for some parts.
It’s a bit scrubby but the people working there are super nice and very knowledgeable.
- 4x 4066’s to for the RX / TX on the serial.
- TCL5920 to make more PWM pins available
- 2x 2N3904 Switching Transistor to act as the switch for the 4066’s
- 2x L293B H-Bridge chips to control the motor current from the 5920.
- 1x 4051 to give me more sensor pins for rotation sensors
I will try out the L293’s tonight with one of my DC motors.